A Guide to Wearing Infinity (Endless) Hoop Earrings.
Minimalistic and dainty pieces of accessories such as infinity hoops or endless hoops are known to work wonders when it comes to lifting an outfit.
These comfortable-to-wear everyday hoops are made from 14K gold-filled, hypoallergenic material that is tarnish-resistant as well. What this means is that you can easily wear them for everyday use, even in the shower.
Down below, we will be taking you step by step through the details of how to open and close infinity (endless) hoops.
Many people tend to get intimidated by this task because there is no clasp. With no clasp in sight, the first question that pops into minds is how are we going to insert it?
This simple process can be completed in a matter of a few minutes if you know the right trick. So, let's get down to it. Don't forget to have a mirror nearby to view your progress as you go along.
How to Open Infinity (Endless) Hoops
Opening and closing infinity hoops is pretty simple. However, these hoops are a bit different from huggie hoops as there is a wire involved in the structure as well, so you need to be extra careful with these.
Start by holding the hoop between the index finger and thumb of each hand. Next, you have to remember to have a gentle but firm grip.
These will have a delicate tube wire. Gently pull on the wire vertically near the opening, and you can dislodge the wire from the hoop. Simply press the two ends in opposite directions, and it will be dislodged. (Pulling on the wire horizontally will result in you ending up with broken earrings.)
- When you follow the above step, you will have a bit of space between the hoops. Make sure that the two ends, away from each other, are aligned and in the same line. If the two ends are not aligned, then the shape of the earring might get a bit wonky. The easiest solution to this alignment issue is to do it again from the start.
- Once done, make sure to bring the two ends together and secure the wire into the hollow end of the hoop. And voila! You're done. Inserting and closing it require a bit of attention.
Things to Remember
There are certain things you should watch out for while trying on these earrings.
- When you are pulling the two sides in opposite directions, make sure you do it vertically and NOT horizontally, or that could cause breakage.
- Secondly, always keep a mirror on hand to check your progress.
- Practice opening and closing your endless hoops a few times before actually putting them on. As they say, practice makes a man perfect!
- Lastly, don't forget to clean up the hollow ends of the earrings, as dirt might get caught up in them.
These dainty earrings are the epitome of elegance and sophistication that can be taken up a notch if you plan to add any charms. However, with this delicate touch, there is the added element of care involved in the process. Go through the steps above and keep practicing to master the process.